Sunday, June 5, 2022

Hello to Facebook Again!

 

In August of 2021 I wrote a blog called Farewell to Facebook.  I did check FB every once in a while since then but I did not post anything.  I deleted my phone app and a bookmark on my laptop.

A week ago or so a friend emailed me to say she had missed me on FB and wondered how we were doing.  When we went for a walk last Sunday I decided to post photos of our little adventure on Facebook again.  It was fun to see the comments of friends.

Over this last week, I checked FB several times.  I scroll down several posts and click "like" over and over again.  I feel as if it is one little thing I can do to affirm others!  And I love seeing travel posts from so many places--Spain, Italy, Switzerland.  

Then yesterday I posted (with no photo) that we had met our granddaughter in the parking lot of our grocery store--a great bonus of our moving to Princeton.  She was so gracious as to reply that it had been a "highlight of her day."  How lovely!

And today I posted a photo of Jim walking ahead of me on a mowed path in the field across from our apartment complex with a comment about hoping I could catch up with that good-looking walker.  The responses from my FB friends made us both chuckle.

We do not know many people here in Princeton.  Covid has kept us more isolated than we would like to be.   So Facebook gives me the contact with others that I need and it gives me joy.  I need the sociability of "social" media. 

Plus there's the Spelling Bee Hive group that commiserates with us when we struggle on our quest to achieve "Genius." 

So it's back on Facebook with a self-imposed caution not to post or react to anything political unless it is just too egregious and I can't help myself! 

No comments:

Post a Comment