Saturday, April 22, 2023

Birthday Number 77

I have read Revelation this week because I am reading through the New Testament using Evolution of the Word by Marcus Borg.  It was not an easy read but I noted the frequent use of the number seven and thought it might be a good omen for my Number 77 birthday yesterday. 

The day did not start well. I felt sick the night before and spent much of the night with a heating pad on my sore stomach wishing for sleep.  Sleep finally came around 3 am and I felt fine the morning of my birthday.  I was relieved because we had dinner plans.

Jeff and Susan had suggested treating us for my birthday at a restaurant that we had never visited but had been recommended to us--153 in Rocky Hill, a little town just a few miles away.  The name of the restaurant is underwhelming and so is its outside appearance.  153 had been closed for quite a while because of Covid but was open again and busy last night.  We had a very nice dinner there and then went to Jeff and Susan's for ice cream cake.  Katie joined us at that point.

I tried to eat cautiously and so I have half of my "chicken milanese" left for dinner tonight.  Jim can have one of his frozen meals that he enjoys (and I never do!).  

It was wonderful to hear from family and friends via texts, emails, and Facetime (Dan and Alex).  Laura and Michael sent flowers which are very bright and cheery.  Jim kept looking for a package that did not arrive so I still have something coming but he did write me a very dear note and that means the most to me!  

At our age, there is the somewhat sobering thought of wondering what the year will bring. Many folks added the message of wishing for good health and joy in the year ahead.  It was a lovely day yesterday and I feel thankful and optimistic today!

No comments:

Post a Comment