Sunday, May 5, 2019

A Favorite Place

I was struggling with what to call this post--My Place for Contemplation, My Sacred Space, My Special Place--but I will leave it as it is with a less specific title.

Jim is bothered by insects when he sits outside--but strangely not ever on the golf course!  So that is why he had the three season room built which I do love as well.  But outside the garage on the backyard deck sitting on the chaise lounge looking up at the branches of the very tall trees--that is my favorite place.

I often use the app "sacredspace.ie" there, the Jesuit method of contemplating the scripture of the day.  Sometimes I try to practice mindfulness.  I can feel the breeze and hear the birds.  Often I hear children playing and the far off sound of traffic.  Less enjoyable are the sounds of lawn mowers and leaf blowers.  They can send me back inside!

It can be my time to pray or just to sit quietly.  I will miss this spot when we move.  I wonder where I will find my favorite place in Princeton where I can set my chair and look up at the sky and try to feel God's presence with me.


No comments:

Post a Comment