Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Thinking Ahead

In one month, we should be into our own apartment.  No more Airbnb or Homewood Suites.  We hope!  The time frame for unloading in Princeton is July 15-18.

I find myself thinking about our familiar furniture in an unfamiliar place.  Our comfortable reclining sofa and love seat.  Our Amish dining room table and hutch.  The wicker table and chairs--not even sure where that will fit in.  The sturdy cherry bedroom furniture we bought used 52 years ago!  We have seen the floor plan but not the actual apartment.

And then the stuff we need to buy--a new bed, a storage unit-bench for the bottom of the steps, and lots of book shelves.

But probably more importantly, I wonder what our lives will be like.  No medical emergencies I hope--at least until we find doctors.  How often will we see Jeff and Susan living just four miles away?  And Laura and Michael and their busy little ones an hour away if traffic is light?   How about Dan and his friend Alex a train ride and subway (or Uber)  ride away in Brooklyn? Jeff and Susan will be easy; the others will take more energy and planning.

Jim will have work to do including a book contract that just came through today.  Where will I find an organ to practice?  There's a fine grand piano in the clubhouse.  A place to volunteer?  Maybe an adult who can't read again or work at another local library.  I have always needed and been blessed with good women as friends.  Who will they be and where will I find them?  I'll have to get my back healed before I can have walking buddies again.

Most of all I hope we have many years together on this adventure.  We know that can't be taken for granted either.  So we pray for God's blessing daily.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment