Monday, January 23, 2023

Eating and Drinking

 

Easy to find rental car!
I know that a theme of my blog posts and my photos has been our eating and drinking.  But eating and drinking are definitely highlights of our trip to St. Pete Beach.  Tonight we thought we would try a different restaurant and with a car still available until Monday at 1 pm, we could drive somewhere.  I found four choices, two in Pass-a-grille and two at the intersection of St. Pete Beach and Treasure Island. Jim chose heading to Pass-a-grille where The Wharf parking lot was full.  We took a risk and parked across the street at a small grocery that was closed for the evening. The waitress assured us that the owners were their friends and it would be OK.   

We were seated outdoors facing the bay and ordered our tropical drinks (margarita and sunset) and our meals (grown-up grilled cheese for me and chicken sandwich for Jim.)  It was lovely looking out at the water and the sky as night came on.  

Tomorrow?  Maybe another IHOP breakfast.  To be continued! 

---------------January 23  Yes, it was another IHOP breakfast and later supper in our condo of bread and cheese and fruit.  Then yesterday we went to Sea Hags Restaurant where I had their seafood chowder which was very tasty.   

We watched lots of NFL playoff games over the weekend.

Boca Ciega Bay
from our 5th floor condo
We made one more trip today to Publix and Dollar Tree and then returned the rental car having filled the tank for less than $5.  We didn't go far this week but it was nice to have the car available to go to various restaurants that we have enjoyed.  

Now there are just two full days left here and we head for home.  I am ready to go home.  I think that is probably a very good sign that I like home! I hope I can blog about a smooth trip--an easier one than the trip here.

I read recently about how to be a better blogger.  The goal of the article was how to increase readership and even to monetize your blog.  These are not my goals!  My most important readers are Jim and myself!  I put together a Blog2Print book again for 2022 and it should be waiting for us when we get home.  These books have made a great record of our life for the last several years including the big changes of retiring and moving.  As we look over them, we realize how much we have forgotten and we enjoy our memories.  


No comments:

Post a Comment