Sunday, January 15, 2023

Florida in January

 

The skies are blue.  But the air is cold and windy.  I sat outside wearing my light-weight winter coat and decided a bit of fresh air was lovely but it was time to come up to the condo and get warm again.  We know that this is what it is like here in January.  The good part is that there are no lines at restaurants and it's not prime time for rental rates.  

Yesterday I felt so relaxed.  I didn't have to pack anything.  We didn't have to get an Uber, go through security, or fly anywhere.  We ate a late lunch at Flying Bridge at Tradewinds Resort across the street--a big plate of nachos to share with beers.

That was enough for me for the rest of the day.  Today we walked to IHOP and had a big breakfast.  In spite of a race on Gulf Boulevard, there was no wait for a booth. Again, that was about enough activity for the rest of the day.

Tomorrow we need to try to eat at regular times although it is pleasant to be so unscheduled--even if not so good for our aging bodies.  I feel a bit unsettled today and need to get into a vacation mode even if unstructured. 

We have puzzles on our phones and laptops--spelling bee and crossword puzzles--to enjoy. We have books to read and there are always sports on TV in the evening.  In fact this weekend is full of NFL playoffs and NBA extra games for MLK day.  We have reserved a rental car for Monday and then we can travel a bit farther from the condo. 

--------January 15  I was so cold during the night that I got up and put on my winter coat and crawled back into bed under the thin comforter.  I went back to sleep but did open the blinds to see the brilliant sunrise over the bay around 6 am.  Our resort is aptly named--Sunrise Resort.  

  Jim fixed our usual Sunday am breakfast of eggs and a pastry--this time an almond bearclaw.  He made coffee although the pot was so slow that I may need to get some vinegar and try cleaning it out. We worshipped at our home church in Princeton, Nassau Presbyterian, via livestream.  I did a load of laundry (we could travel light with a washer and dryer available).  We have a frozen meal for Jim and a wrap for me for supper so there is no need to do any more shopping today.  It's a quiet day in a beautiful place.  

No comments:

Post a Comment