Wednesday, February 15, 2023

A Birthday (and Valentine's Day)

 

Jim is 77 years old today.  With his birthday a day after Valentine's Day, the two celebrations tend to blend together.  So yesterday with his help, I made lasagna.  There is enough for at least three meals so we will enjoy lasagna again tonight.  As that is one of Jim's favorite meals if not his very favorite meal, it is a good way to celebrate.  

Plus we bought an ice cream cake which will be good for at least four nights so the festivities can continue all week!  

Right now he is commemorating his day in a way that he enjoys--playing golf.  It is an unseasonably warm day even if a bit windy.  I doubt he has played golf on his birthday many times over the years. He had a 12:50 tee time at "his course"--the Meadows in Plainsboro.  Last week he came home after nine holes.  If it is not too busy on this warm day, I assume he will play 18.  I think it is pretty good that he can enjoy a game of golf on his 77th birthday.  

The other day he pondered whether he would feel old on his 80th birthday, hoping that he makes it that far.  I said that then he would probably think of 90 as old.  Most of the time I don't think of myself as old but then I feel my back strain or the sore shoulder I have had the last two nights or the arthritic left hip that gives in at times and I remember my old bones and joints.  Jim is better about getting in several daily walks.  I need to do better and keep moving while I can.

My prayer is that we can continue to celebrate these birthdays in reasonably good health and celebrate them together.

No comments:

Post a Comment