Thursday, August 17, 2023

Patience!

 

I think it was late April when I ordered moonflower seeds from Amazon.  I soaked them for several days and then planted them in a pot inside the kitchen.  Only two seeds germinated.  When I knew any danger of frost was past, I planted the little seedlings outside. The vine grew well.  Our maintenance man asked if I was growing "Jack and the beanstalk." 

 A few days ago we saw a bud and this afternoon--before dark--the first moonflower bloomed.  There should be others but it may be a while.

And as always, we have to enjoy the lovely white blossom tonight because it will wither and die by morning.  I texted our downstairs neighbor to take a look before it disappears!  I will go downstairs later tonight to enjoy it by moonlight! 

No comments:

Post a Comment