Tuesday, December 12, 2023

I'm Happy Because I Sing

A few years ago our church choir director quoted an aged choir member who said, "I don't sing because I'm happy; I'm happy because I sing."  Singing does bring joy!  

This fall Jim and I began singing with the Grace Notes Singers, a group of older folks who meet twice a month at a nearby senior citizen community.  The director is the music director at our church, Nassau Presbyterian Church, and is a wonderful musician who also has the gift of being a great teacher and a person who accepts less than perfection!  The music he chooses has been challenging  and really beautiful.

Today our group led an Advent Communion Service for the residents of the community.  Next week we will do the same service at another nearby senior community.  

It has been a joy to make music with others again--and to do it with Jim.  He encouraged me to join and I encouraged him to drive me there and give it a try.  

No comments:

Post a Comment