Monday, January 29, 2024

Blog2Print and the Joys of Being Home

Since getting home, I have been aware of three folks who read my blog posts from Florida.  10 to 14 folks are usually recorded as readers but I have no idea of who these readers are.  I don't blog for my readers although I am happy to have readers!  I blog for Jim and me--as a record of our lives.  And then in January I make a Blog2Print book of the previous year.  We now have more than 10 years of these books and they are great for our memories.  We both keep journals and diaries but these books have photos.  

Life is back to normal.  Jeff has returned our plants.  We shopped for groceries and went to CVS for prescriptions on Friday which left Saturday strangely free.  It was rainy and cold yesterday so we did church via livestream again instead of having to walk from the municipal parking deck to the sanctuary. (Nassau Church has no parking lot.)

We do our NYT spelling bee in the morning until we get to genius--even if it takes many hints about initial letters for words.  We do a NYT crossword puzzle in the late afternoon, often going back into the archives to find ones we haven't done.  Thursday, Friday, and Saturday are days that we can do the puzzle of the day. Jim does Sunday from the magazine.  The puzzles earlier in the week are not usually challenging enough to do them together--although often plenty difficult enough for me to do alone.

We watch a lot of sports on TV and are happy to manage our own TV with minimal challenges. Yesterday it was two great NFL playoff games with surprising winners going into the Super Bowl next month. 

I miss looking out at the beautiful Boca Ciega Bay but we both really do like our spacious and comfortable apartment.  There is a requested book for me waiting at the Princeton Library and Jim has one to return to the University Library (which Susan checked out fof him.)  I have cooked meals for the last three nights and didn't find it so burdensome after a break from meal preparation. 

 I am contented enough to feel that maybe we should wait to pursue living at Stonebridge, the senior living community we had looked into.  But we have to remember that we need to commit to that while they are still willing to take us as "independent" seniors.  


No comments:

Post a Comment