Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Back to School (but not for me!)

My friend and former colleague emailed that she had four days of meetings in adult education before meeting students next week.  I have no meetings.

  Instead I have walked along the river with my walking buddy, chatted on the phone with another friend who moved away, had lunch with a young friend who wanted my listening ear,  practiced the organ, read two books and recorded them on Goodreads, and volunteered tutoring a student at Hope Ministries.  I have read long articles on line from GQ and The New Yorker. 

 I have no regrets that I retired 1 1/2 years ago.  My life is full enough. 

However, there still is some beginning of the school year excitement that I share when I see so many posting "first day of school" photos on Facebook.   Maybe I should go out and buy some new notebooks and pens just for old time's sake. 

No comments:

Post a Comment