Friday, December 1, 2017

Memories

I asked Jim what were the highlights of our East coast trip for him.  The first thing he mentioned was speaking to groups which he hadn't done for a while.  I appreciate that.  His work is important to him and very much a part of who he is.

For me, "The Routes of Slavery" concert was a highlight. And so was meeting Jim afterwards walking back to the hotel on Amsterdam Avenue and then having tacos and drinks at 11 pm.   I loved walking through Harvard Yard and seeing Holden Green again.  I enjoyed my visit to the Fogg Museum.

We were both happy to be able to see Dan twice in NYC when we thought we might not see him at all because of his commitment to speak in San Francisco.

But there are other little memories I want to record as well.

Jeff's enjoyment of the 1972 passport I brought along for him--his addendum to my passport which included all our travels through Europe in 1970.

Katie's remembering what she chose to buy at our American Girl trip in Los Angeles so many years ago.

M's delight in showing me that he is taller than his grandma--and his eagerness to play his Einaudi recital piece for us.

Laura's organization and excellent meal for Thanksgiving--with some help from Jeff and Susan and Katie and me.  But mostly her efforts.

Michael's traditional oyster stew for lunch on Thanksgiving.

A's "I love you, Grandma." and R's delight in our bedtime routine.  She will be too sophisticated for it soon, but not yet.

R's deliberate and thoughtful way of dictating her story to me and our making a book together.

Seeing J laugh heartily at various times.

Knowing that S and Jim were enjoying throwing a football together in the back yard.

Seeing how J enjoys his large volumes and hearing his progress on the viola.

Yesterday I looked through my Blog2Print books from the last few years and realized how much one forgets and what a treasure it is to record memories and save photos.


No comments:

Post a Comment