Tuesday, December 26, 2017

I Miss My Laptop!

My Asus laptop has been fickle in the last month.  When I have been ready to give up on it, it seems to revive again.  Actually, dropping it once seemed to help.  But now it is really being recalcitrant and I need to get another one.  I don't think the day after Christmas is a good day to go to Best Buy so I will wait until tomorrow.  But this means transferring stuff and making decisions and I prefer to stick with the one I bought three years ago.

My laptop and I have been inseparable.  I can use my phone for email checks and even Facebook checks.  But I miss my therapy journal and my spiritual journal for processing my thoughts.  I missed my blog but have figured out how to access it on Jim's laptop.  And I just figured out how to add photos to it so I can publish again.

I accessed hotmail so I can write longer messages and have just done so.  Jim is being generous to allow me to use his device but I really like my own little PC.  But he wants it back as soon as I am finished with this entry!  I think I probably should agree.

_________A trip to Best Buy and I have another Asus laptop for $249 and a 3 year Geek Squad membership for $89.  I have successfully found my usual sites and some of my documents although they are not totally up to date.  I don't remember what I am missing--so maybe I don't need to work on retrieval of my downloads.  i woke up this morning feeling stressed about this, but I think it will all be just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment