Tuesday, December 17, 2019

My Five Star Books for 2019

I have been reading many book lists from various publications for the end of the year or even the end of the decade.   I decided to look up my five star books as listed on Goodreads to put into my Blog2Print book this year.   A favorite genre is probably memoirs.  And mysteries.  Several books were rereads--Having Our Say and Gilead and My God and I.   Others were by authors I know or have had some personal connection--Swartz, Walterstorff, Plantinga, and Vanderkam, of course!   There are some authors who come up every year--Connelly, Berry, Modiano.  There are 26 books listed--one for every two weeks.   Lots of good reading from local libraries and often from Better World Books.  (Don't know why the formatting looks so bad--when I try to edit it, it looks fine.)



A Country Between: Making a Home Where Both Sides of Jerusalem Collide
                                  



Gilead
Marilyn Robinson


Maggie Now
Maggie Now                                                                                
                         
Betty Smith



A Place On Earth
Wendell Berry

Lost and Wanted
Nell Freudenberger

The Diary of a Bookseller
 Shaun Bythell



The River

Rumer Godden

Juliet's School of Possibilities: A Little Story about the Power of Priorities

Laura Vanderkam



In Hoffa's Shadow: A Stepfather, a Disappearance in Detroit, and My Search for the Truth

Jack Goldsmith

Sleep of Memory

Patrick Modiano



Akin
*
Emma Donoghue



Having Our Say: The Delany Sisters' First 100 Years

Sarah Delany



The Friendly Persuasion
 Jessamyn West


All Among The Barley
Melissa Harrison

The Second Worst Restaurant in France (Paul Stuart, #2)
*
Alexander McCall Smith


My God and I: A Spiritual Memoir

    Lewis Smedes


A Gentleman in Moscow

  Amor Towles


Such Fine Boys
 Patrick Modiano



Ask/Tell/Order/Make: A Police Sergeant Reflects on the Job
 Adam Plantinga



Newcomer (Detective Kaga, #2)
Keigo Higoshina


The Night Fire (Harry Bosch #22; Renée Ballard, #3; Harry Bosch Universe, #32)
*
  Michael Connelly



Night Train

 Martin Amis



In This World of Wonders: Memoir of a Life in Learning
 Nicholas Walterstorff



Nathan Coulter: A Novel (Port William)

  Wendell Berry

The American Agent (Maisie Dobbs, #15)

1 comment: