Friday, January 31, 2020

Home, Sweet Home

We leave St Pete Beach tomorrow and we are both ready to go home.  We are ready to start the 44 days of radiation and then to be done with that and see what life brings at that point.

Our condo at Sunrise Resort #609 was comfortable.  The view across Ciego Bay is always lovely from sunrise to late afternoon reflections to evening when the lights are shining on the water.   We had good meals at several restaurants in the area.  We had a few outings with our rental Soul.   The toothache that worried me before we left home got better not worse.



The weather was not warm.  I never sunned myself at the pool or put on a bathing suit.   We did get in lots of walks, some on the beach, but at least regularly to Publix and Dollar Tree for supplies. I made myself do the steps to the 6th floor for my cardio workout!   We had tropical drinks twice outside at sunset hour but wore jackets to keep warm even then.

I felt guilty for not enjoying every minute of being in this beautiful place.  The cancer has made changes in our lives already and we don't know what changes are in store.   This makes me sad and even angry in a way and then ashamed of myself for feeling that way when we have so much to be thankful for.

And one thing I am thankful for, and it is a big thing, is our new life in Princeton.   We have a lovely place to live there.   We have Jeff and Susan nearby to join for supper regularly and football on TV--and this weekend, the Super Bowl.  We are beginning an  Inquirers' Class at Nassau Presbyterian Church this Sunday and that will be a good step in getting to know people and making a commitment. I have enjoyed the two choirs I am singing in. I am looking forward to a 2nd grade play in Gladwyne in February,  a choir concert at RPI in April  and a graduation at Duke in May.   Plus enjoying a meal with each one of our children and their partners in the next month or so--our Christmas gift to them.  Ruth's Chris in Princeton; Caffe el Vino in Brooklyn; and TBD near Gladwyne.

  We like our routines of life back home of happy hour at 5 pm, pancakes on Saturday morning, muffins and boiled eggs on Sunday morning, a walk to get the mail at 4 pm, etc.  Simple things but good.   Jim suggested a big change in routine from Saturday morning grocery shop at McCaffrey's to Trader Joes.  We'll give that a try.

And now our routine will involve daily trips eight milres down Route One  to the UCA for radiation.  Maybe we can incorporate that with shops and lunch out to eat. But it is time to get started on this instead of thinking about it.

Jim may cancel his trip to Vancouver for a conference in March rather than having to extend the radiaiton days into April.    I think it is unlikely we will do his research trip to the UK in May.   He probably will do his first SBL meeting as president-to-be in Atlanta in April and I may join him or not.   He will lecture at Yale in late April and I would like to go along never having seen Yale. Jim has never cared for travel and I have less zeal for it now so it just may be easier to stay home.

So tomorrow it's time to pack up, get an Uber ride to Tampa Airport, board the 1:55 United flight to Newark, get another Uber ride to Barclay Square, get a few groceries and a CVS prescription and settle in to #508 Barclay Boulevard by 9 pm or so--if all goes well!  It takes a lot of energy to travel but then it will be home, sweet home again.

______________-We are home and amazed at the way travel went today.  We got to the airport early (not with Uber but with a local car service), got an earlier flight and were in Newark by the time we were scheduled to leave Tampa!  We connected with the Uber driver easily and he got us home quickly--80 mph on the NJ Turnpike?  Jeff had picked up my prescription before the Saturday closing hour at CVS so we got that from him as well as the house plants they cared for.  We went to McCaffreys which was very quiet and easy to manage at that time of day--although the muffin supply was very low!  And now we are home, mostly unpacked.  The mail was held for us in a special box with the key to it in our little 508 box-so much easier than trying to get it from the Granger Post Office.  We see many advantages to our apartment life and feel it has really become home for us.

1 comment:

  1. WHAT A GREAT MIRACLE THAT I HAVE EVER SEE IN MY LIFE. My names are Clara David I’m a citizen of USA, My younger sister was sicking of
    breast cancer and her name is Sandra David I and my family have taking her
    to all kind of hospital in USA still yet no good result. I decided to go to
    the internet and search for cancer cure so that was how I find a lady
    called peter Lizzy she was testifies to the world about the goodness of a
    herbal man who has the roots and herbs to cure all kind of disease and the
    herbal man email was there. So I decided to contact the herbal man @herbalist_sakura for my younger sister help to cure her breast cancer. I contacted him and told him
    my problem he told me that I should not worry that my sister cancer will be
    cure, he told me that there is a medicine that he is going to give me that
    I will cook it and give it to my sister to drink for one week, so I ask how
    can I receive the cure that I am in USA, he told me
    That I will pay for the delivery service. The courier service can
    transport it to me so he told me the amount I will pay, so my dad paid for
    the delivery fee. two days later I receive the cure from the courier
    service so I used it as the herbal man instructed me to, before the week
    complete my sister cancer was healed and it was like a dream to me not
    knowing that it was physical I and my family were very happy about the
    miracle of Doctor so my dad wanted to pay him 5 million us dollars the
    herbal man did not accept the offer from my dad, but I don't know why he
    didn't accept the offer, he only say that I should tell the world about him
    and his miracle he perform so am now here to tell the world about him if
    you or your relative is having any kind of disease that you can't get from
    the hospital please contact dr.sakuraspellalter@gmail.com or whats app him
    +2348110114739  you can follow him up on Instagram @herbalist_sakura for the cure, he will help you out with the
    problem. And if you need more information about the doctor you can mail me
    davidclara223@gmail.com 

    ReplyDelete