Wednesday, April 14, 2021

A Litany of Thanksgiving

Jim dropped me off at the entrance to Barclay Square so I had a head start on my walk to the "grotto" along the canal.  As I walked down the path, I found myself thanking God that I could put one foot in front of the other.  And then I thought about being thankful that I could take a shower this morning and wash my hair--a task I don't like but the day may come when others will have to do it for me.  And then I thought that I could shake my dark mood by writing a litany of thanksgiving.  So I sat on "my" bench at the grotto and enjoyed the quiet and lovely surroundings and was very thankful for a time of peace.

I was thankful for:

watching one skiff after another on Lake Carnegie.  I could feel the soreness in my muscles as the rowers pulled those oars. 

seeing five leaping fish in the canal or was it one fish leaping five times?

noticing the smoothness of the water contrasting with the ripples a few feet away

hearing birds chirping and work vehicles beeping in the distance

anticipating Jim's return after golf and drinking wine together for our happy hour

praying (listening) with Jim as he thanks God before our meal (even if it is just hotdogs tonight)

sleeping so well last night

losing maybe eight pounds since a high of a to be unnamed amount

 having a way to record my thoughts and preserve them

living in a lovely place inside and outside

being able to pay the rent (as our lease is ready to renew)  and pay the taxes that are due without great concern for our finances

using sacredspace.ie on my phone to help me give me some perspective ("Fill my spirit with your peace and joy.")

I will add a few photos and post my litany and be thankful that the sadness has lifted.



No comments:

Post a Comment