This will be TMI for my blog readers but it will be good to record a consequential week for Jim and me. It started with my “wellness visit” with Dr Delacruz last week and the phone call the next morning to tell me that after many years of pre-diabetes, I had gone over the border. I scheduled an appointment for a “treatment plan” the next Monday.
That treatment plan was to be Mounjaro once a week-to lower the A1C and also to lose weight so that my back strain would lessen. Dr. Delacruz demonstrated the use of the injection and said it was “easy-peasy.”
Getting the prescription was not easy. CVS was out of it so I asked Montgomery Internal Medicine to send it to Walgreens. Then CVS said they had it but couldn’t fill it because someone else had filled it. Eventually I got the injections at Walgreens for $308! I hate the Mounjaro ads on TV with the fat people dancing and now I am one of them—not dancing and not all that happy about it either!
Last night we began our Mounjaro adventure. Jim read me the instructions step by step. It did not go perfectly as we waited for the second click and it did not happen. I put the shot next to my abdomen again and it did click. We could see a little puncture wound and Jim saw the grey plunger in the shot apparatus so we figured it must have happened.
And…I was aware of my stomach later in the evening—and was not tempted to snack during the night as I often am when I am lying awake. So we shall see how the next week progresses. I hope not with too much nausea and indigestion. In three months I see Dr. Delacruz again and he thought I would lose 12 pounds by that time!
Plus Jim had a routine ENT visit in which his bp was high. So he will see Dr. Delacruz this afternoon to see if he needs to do anything about that. It was not emergency high, just elevated.
Oh, and we did have shingles vaccines too at the Plainsboro CVS. We had no reaction to that except a bit of soreness on our arms.
We are thankful we have places to go when we need medical help and we do trust Dr. Delacruz for good counsel.
No comments:
Post a Comment