This morning we met with Dawn, the nurse at Stonebridge, for our assessment. She went over our medical forms and gave us procedure and safety recommendations. And she also evaluated us to determine our competency. Jim told me later that he did not tell me she was going to do a memory task because he knew I would get all worried about that.
It was quite a session with the usual questions about who was president now and who was president before and what day, month, and year it was. But more inventive were a math question asking us to subtract numbers (take seven from 31 and then keep going) and a request to repeat the letters in a word backwards (world—dlrow). We managed to convince Dawn that we could be “independent.”
And now we have dates to add to the long list of to do items for October. October 27 is our settlement meeting with Francesca when we give her our payment and sign some more forms. October 28 will be the packing day and October 29 the actual moving day and unpacking day. We will try to schedule October 30 for our much needed WiFi and TV hookup with Xfinity.
Jim has the Brooklyn bookseller coming this weekend to buy books we hope. I have three more bags of books for the library donations but I will have to live a long time to reread all the books that I cannot give up. I found the record player and will try it out tomorrow and then may have to keep those old Pat Boone and Janis Joplin records. I went over our stack of CDs and wondered why I never listen to so many beautiful recordings. I will amend my ways.
When I posted the subject line “Going, Going, Gone” for the movie tapes I found in a closet, both Laura and Jeff stopped me and said they would take some and consider digitalizing the record of their childhood. I think by the time Dan came along our camera was in need of repair. Laura is setting a time to make the trip from Gladwyne to pick up some artwork and books and whatever else I can convince her to take!
Today was a day of progress! It will be so good to be settled in our new home.
No comments:
Post a Comment