Friday, April 17, 2020

Radiation Day #44

Jim finished up 44 days of radiation therapy yesterday.   He was uneasy that something would go wrong on his last day but it went smoothly.  He was not sent off the slab to drink more water.  The computer worked without a glitch.  No one was delayed before him so he didn't have an uncomfortable wait with a full bladder.

He met with Dr. Deng afterward and will have a telephone appointment with him in June.  In July he will have another PSA  test and meet with Dr. Swartzman for results.

Jim's prognosis is good but we won't know if the cancer was killed until July.  I fell apart when he came home.  Somehow that seems so hard to me right now--not knowing and just hoping and praying for the best outcome.    He did get through the treatments without serious side effects--even no fatigue.  He will wean himself from one of the medications he is taking. 

We celebrated with a take out pizza. 

 I wish we could have celebrated with our kids and grandkids but not during this time of social isolation.   They all called or texted and today we received a big bouquet of cookies from Laura and family.  Our friends the Moorheads ordered a take-out meal from Jam n Crepes that will be delivered sometime today as their celebration gift.  In another world, we would have gone out to eat with them.   Instead, we just said thank you for thinking of us!

So as always, I need to try to live in the present--to be thankful for today.  It is hard for me to have things out of my control and to wait--and that is what I have to accept.  I read on Sacred Space to breathe deeply and think of that as God's gift of life in you so I shall try to do just that.  Now.

No comments:

Post a Comment