Tuesday, April 21, 2020

A Pandemic Birthday

It's my birthday and it has been an unusual birthday but full of joyful moments anyway.  I woke up to  texts from my sister Lois and my friend Sue VanEngen>  Sue wished me a day in which I felt showered with love from family and friends.  And I did with several texts including some from my grandchildren and emails from friends and calls later from Lois and Sue.  Plus there was a handwritten note on my breakfast setting from Jim with instructions to get myself something special.  So I ordered Stitch Fix again.

I went for an early morning walk and one later in the day--both accompanied by Laura's Best of Both Worlds podcast in which she interviewed Jen Hatmaker.  The afternoon walk turned out to be lovely but threatening as the dark storm clouds let loose with strong winds, thunder and rain.  I actually called Jim to get me but got home by the time the garage door was opening.  I was very wet!

 The Women's Bible Study in South Bend had a zoom meeting this morning and  I was invited to join.  Jim zoom-bombed and told them it was my birthday. It was a great birthday treat--to see my good friends, my young friends, back "home." 


We ordered dinner from Romeo's in Plainsboro.   It was OK--not as good as last week's pizza and not as good as my own lasagna--but it was put in front of me without any work!   We had ice cream cake for dessert which is always wonderful.   I have been trying to cut out ice cream, crackers and cheese, chips, etc. but treated myself today.  I'll go for one more walk to get my 7500 steps--and do our stairs 3 more times.   

Jeff and Susan sent me some gorgeous flowers.   We might watch a video tonight--last night was Lark Rise to Candleford which was fun.  

I am doing the Isolation Retreat from Sacred Space and this is how it ended today--a good reminder for me.  

Above all, help me to know that I stay connected to you at all times and that I only need to pause, breathe and pray to become deeply aware of this.

So I do feel loved and appreciated tonight.  It has been a good day in spite of being unable to do our usual birthday dinner in a restaurant or to be able to share it with more of our family members.

-----------------
And a Facetime with Dan and Alex with a planned "birthday party" next weekend when they are in their rental in upstate New York.



No comments:

Post a Comment