Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Pfizer Booster Shot

Before we even left South Bend, we were getting emails from the New Jersey Department of Health inviting us to sign up for our booster vaccine.  We were past 60 days from our previous two shots and were over 65 so we qualified.  I waited until we got into Princeton and then signed up easily for shots within 5 miles and the next week--not within 50 miles and a few weeks out as we had to do for our earlier shots.

Monday we drove to the Plainsboro CVS and waited in a short line to get our vaccines from a technician behind a curtained section of the store near the pharmacy.  Quick and easy compared to our last sign-up and trip to Rowan College South Jersey.  Typical of shopping in Plainsboro was that we appeared to be the only native English speakers in line.  A daughter-in-law was there to assist her husband's parents with the process.  

However, the follow up was not so easy.  Around 11 pm I started to feel cold.  By midnight I could not get warm.   I found a heating pad and an extra blanket.  Finally when I got out my down bathrobe and wrapped it around me under the covers, I felt warm again.  All day Tuesday I was tired and had no energy.  Food tasted fine but I had little appetite.  By Tuesday evening I felt better.  Jim had no side effects other than a slightly sore arm.  

Last night I slept for hours without any coughing spells like last week or without trying to stay warm.  I feel fine today.  In fact, I keep saying that I feel great!  I'm sure it was just a reaction to the booster shot and I hope a sign that it was effective! 

No comments:

Post a Comment