Monday, May 29, 2023

A Paean of Praise for the Cloud

 

Potential IT Help
Ted told me that Chromebook saves everything on the cloud.  That is why I was able to access what I wanted on Jim's laptop when I didn't have one of my own.  And he was so right and I was so relieved! 

One afternoon I panicked thinking that all the photos of my childhood and our early marriage were lost because they were on my laptop.  I went to a Google grid in the top right corner and then to Google Photos and there they were--along with other stuff that I forgot I had saved--a NYC diary from 2008, a bit on dementia thinking about our aged mother and step-mother, a day by day account of our downsizing in our move, a few presentations I had done at church plus various other documents and even recipes.  Amazing!  

It is mind-boggling to me to think all my stuff is out there "on the cloud" and so is stuff from millions of others.  My mind cannot grasp the enormity of it all.

Now what I need to figure out is ChatGPT lest I am totally out of sync with what is going on in the world around me.  But that will be for another day.  Maybe I can get one of my children or grandchildren to give me a lesson.  I'm eager and ready to learn! 

No comments:

Post a Comment