Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Days 3 and 4

 The view from our condo is lovely and for that I am grateful.  Because I have not left the premises since the first few hours after we arrived.  Yesterday I was just so glad to not have to walk through airports and today something disagreed with my digestive system and I stayed put.  So we didn't rent a car or make dinner plans.  Toast and cheese was good enough and Jim had another frozen Lean Cuisine.  He walked to Publix both days to get supplies. 

When I went out on the little porch I looked down at the green palms and noted the variety of green color from bottom to top--dark to light.  I had never noticed that before.  So it was my little bit of joy in an otherwise somewhat dreary day.  Plus the lovely orange and yellow buildings--colors we don't see in New Jersey!  

Of course, there is plenty of football--with wildcard games.  We could not get the living room TV to work but we succeeded with the bedroom TV so we have had happy hour and supper sitting in bed.  

I hope tomorrow is a day to rent a car and find some good seafood to enjoy.  

----------Tuesday: Jim rented a Corolla from the Hertz kiosk right across the street and we drove to Pass-a-Grille where we have eaten many times before.  We parked behind the Hurricane Restaurant and thus chose to go to Hurricane--eating inside because it is cold and windy.  I had a crab cake sandwich and Jim had a shrimp dinner--so we got our Florida seafood.  We ate early like the old folks that we are and came back to the condo for our daily Key Lime Pie dessert--our usual purchase from Publix.  

The news is about the Iowa caucases in which Trump won easily with Haley and DeSantis well behind and pretty much tied with each other.  I despair.  How can the Dutch Christian Reformed folk from our heritage in NW Iowa go for a man who is so unChristian in his life and actions and words?  

I am thankful to feel better today.  I wish the weather were warmer but it is not the blizzard conditions they are having in Michigan and the snowy condition in New Jersey.  I sat out on the deck and enjoyed a bit of sunshine and a warm breeze. 

We were frustrated trying to get sports on TV.  Someone came to help us use the living room TV but it was still difficult.  Jim was very patient and kept trying things--and finally got TNT so we can watch NBA tonight from the living room--not the bedroom.  Ah, there are many good things about home and our easy, comfortable life there!



No comments:

Post a Comment