Tuesday, October 8, 2024

I Can't Find Them!

When we first moved here five years ago, we found ourselves looking for items often.  Even the pots and pans were missing at first until we found them in a box mixed in with Jim's book boxes. I used a wine bottle as a rolling pin when I couldn't find ours--but that showed up later. 

 A recipe I used this week said one absolutely had to sift the flour.  But where was my flour sifter?  I could not find it and wondered if it was in such poor condition that I never moved it.  Not a frequently used item!   The beer bread was fine without sifting the flour.  

We have a wedding to celebrate on Sunday and the invitation specified "cocktail" dress code.  I bought a new dress on Amazon and spent more money having it hemmed than I spent on the dress.  Then I wondered where my little dressy handbags might be--and to my surprise found them easily on a higher shelf in our walk-in closet where they were gathering dust.  But now, where were my black patent leather strappy sandals?  We looked everywhere and found other items we had forgotten about but no shoes.  Jim found me another pair in the bottom of a little used closet that will have to be suitable but I am frustrated by this.  At least we don't need to make an emergency trip to  DSW for new shoes to be worn maybe once.  I think I wore the missing shoes to Dan and Alex's wedding so they must have made the trip to the east coast.  

---------And with Amazon Prime, I was able to order some panty hose and a half slip and they arrived one day later.  

----------A note after the wedding--My dress was very appropriate and I was able to walk from the church to the reception a few blocks away without a problem.  I met one other person who said she got her dress from Amazon too!  It was fun to see what "cocktail dress" on the invitation looked like for others! 

The wedding was beautiful and the reception food excellent.  They were a very happy couple who were "smitten" with each other from their first meeting.



No comments:

Post a Comment