Monday, June 14, 2021

Making Travel Plans

 In the last week, we have had a meal in the bar at On the Border and we tried to eat a meal inside a McDonald's but were asked to leave because they had no dine-in option.  Our burgers and shakes tasted great even dining in our car. We went to a Dance Factory performance at the War Memorial Auditorium in Trenton and got to watch our grandson Michael dance up a storm in a tap number and a hip hip number.  So we are beginning to live in a more normal way still wearing masks but vaccinated and less fearful.

Now I am trying to make flight arrangements for Jim's annual convention in November and even to book our favorite Florida resort, Sunrise Resort, in St. Pete Beach for January 2022.  I am wondering how much I want to go along to Jim's convention.  I would like to hear his presidential address.  Maybe that needs to be my motivation.  He would like me to go along.   I am very unhappy with Texas and its allowing concealed guns without permits and its voter restriction policies. However, my personal boycott will not affect them much!   And when I think of how lovely San Antonio is and how warm it will be in late November, I don't really want to stay in Princeton.

These bookings are not going smoothly and I am feeling very stressed about making travel plans.  For the first time, I am thinking about booking travel insurance or going with refundable flights.  Life has been so uncertain thanks to Covid and our own health issues.   

I am waiting for call backs from United Airlines and from Sunrise Resort.  I was unable to book online because my password did not work.  Who knows why?  And Jim can't find any password for his United account.  I will wait to talk to an agent.  

------------------Plans made!  Clarification on numbers and a new password. I booked travel insurance for the resort.  I booked refundable tickets for the Florida trip but not for the San Antonio trip.  I hope rental cars will be available in Florida but if not, we can get along without one.  One more plan to be confirmed--some time in South Haven in September at our "home" there--301 225 North Shore Drive--with its beautiful view of Lake Michigan.  

My head is full of flyer numbers, passwords, flight times, and too many decisions.  But there will be lots to look forward to in the next several months.  

No comments:

Post a Comment