Monday, March 6, 2023

My Christmas Present

 

Yesterday I enjoyed the Christmas present that I received from Jeff and Susan.  It was December 23 at our family party when I opened a package to find a jigsaw puzzle of Sleeping Beauty.  Puzzles were a theme gift from Jeff and Susan to almost everyone.  But also inside were tickets--for the Philadelphia Ballet performance of Sleeping Beauty on March 5--tickets for a ladies afternoon at the ballet with a promise of transportation and dinner.

So yesterday at noon Susan was at our door with Katie in the car.  We drove to central Philadelphia where Susan parked at her favorite and familiar parking garage.  We walked to the Academy and found our seats when the doors opened.  Laura and Ruth arrived soon after.

The ballet was amazing.  It was so colorful--just a spectacle of design and dance.  I held my breath at times when the lead dancers spun around.  The dance was coordinated perfectly with the live orchestra.  The Academy itself was a place of beauty with its several balconies.  We had great seats close to the action on stage.

I was not the only appreciative person in the audience.  The dancers were called back to bow many times.  


 Afterwards we walked to McCormick Schmick where we had dinner reservations.  Ruth and I toasted with my glass of wine and her strawberry lemonade.  We had an easy ride home and I felt very grateful for the local ladies in my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment