Friday, December 29, 2023

2023--What did I Miss?

 Yesterday I looked over my blog posts for 2023 in preparation for my annual Blog2Print book.  I realized that there were some events, national, international, and personal, that did not get included. 

I pray every night for peace--in Gaza and in Ukraine.  But I had not posted about Putin's escalation of the war in Ukraine last February.  At least there have been no nuclear accidents as we feared at times or really any push beyond Ukraine.  But it has been months of fighting and destruction without any progress for peace.  There is so much destruction and death in Ukraine and many Russian soldiers have been sacrificed for Putin's cause.

And then there are the 91 indictments of our former president Donald Trump.  NYT asks if I want to be kept informed by a daily newsletter and I do not want to have my news feed focus on him any more than it already is.  It is confusing.  There will be trials in Florida, Georgia, Washington DC, and there were already trials in NYC.  With his appeals, it could go on forever.  He hopes it goes on until he gets re-elected and then he can pardon himself and his co-conspirators.  I pray for justice, for wisdom on the part of the judges and juries, but also lately for a change of heart for Trump. Enough of his ugly pronouncements insulting the judges and President Biden!  

I wrote about Jim's crisis with high blood pressure but not about mine in late November.  It is always high when I go to the gynocologist so I took it at home to reassure them that it was lower there.  Well, it was a bit high at home too but at their office it was scary high.  They immediately called Montgomery Internal Medicine and sent me over there to see Nurse Patel.  It was still high there but not enough to send me to the ER thank goodness!  She prescribed an additional drug and it worked!  My bp was pretty normal at my follow-up appointment last week.  

Jim is very faithful about walking every day.  I am not.  My back and hip ache and it makes walking unpleasant.  Which brings me to my next update.  We have begun inquiring into Stonebridge, a senior living community.  We went to a very nice lunch this fall which was informative even if overwhelming with the decisions that would need to be made--various price points and many floor plans.  I am ready for someone to take over our meal planning but we are not really ready to give up our lovely appartment here at Barclay Square.  At least we have no house to sell and have down-sized once already. 

But one cannot postpone a decision to move until one really needs it!  You have to pass their medical checks to live independently--as well as their financial checks.  So if we are going to make such a move, it needs to be done while we are still "independent."  We had a second appointment for a brunch at Stonebridge with a smaller group but we were both sick with colds and had to cancel.  I am wondering what 2024 will bring in that regard. 



No comments:

Post a Comment