I guess this title sounds a lot like last week’s blog entry. But there are new problems as the previous ones get solved.
Monday we saw our Primary Care Provider Dr. Delacruz. We gave him the lengthy forms to be filled out for Stonebridge. We were pleased and he was pleased that neither of us needed EKGs or bloodwork because they had been done recently enough. We had blood drawn for a TB test which was quite extensive—four little vials each. Jim dutifully did his urine sample and I asked to do it at home.
It took until Thursday to get the TB test results after some puzzling posts from LabCorp. Jim got his urinalysis results back but I did not. Yesterday I checked with MIM (Montgomery Internal Medicine) and Jill, a very dear and competent aide, said it went in and just wait a day. Today I checked with our sales representative Francesca Fogg at Stonebridge and she told me that Jim’s forms were faxed in, but mine were not. I followed up again at MIM and Jill found out that LabCorp could not locate my specimen. So I have to give it another try on Monday. We will meet with the nurse at Stonebridge once our forms are in for her approval that we are “independent.”
Meanwhile the moving company Stonebridge recommends is coming for our “free consultation” on Monday and we cannot set a date until all my forms are in and Stonebridge gives us a date. Francesca said it would be OK to commit to them because this should not delay it much. We can commit but not to a definite date at this point.
The timing of all of this is problematic. Dr. Delacruz signed the form to help us break our lease here at Barclay Square. But once that is in, we have 40 days left and we have to be out five days before that. So really, 35 days after handing in that form. So the movers have to come within that time frame and we need a place to go! Jim thinks those five days are for them to clean carpets and clean the apartment all on our bill.
I will feel relieved when we have a moving date. We hope not to pay another month’s rent in November but we just may have no choice. We hope to get our deposit back here and happily Stonebridge takes $3000 off your first month’s fees toward moving expenses. I guess this gives Jim more time to find homes for more of his books. I would love to have an overnight trip to the shore to celebrate and just get away. I hope the next blog is full of definite plans!
No comments:
Post a Comment